Code of Ethics
In recognition of my personal obligation to the project management profession and to the communities it serves, I do hereby commit myself to behave ethically and professionally. Specifically, I agree that I will:
- Accept responsibility for my actions.
- Treat all persons fairly regardless of their race, religion, gender, disability, age, national origin, or any other differences.
- Avoid injuring others, their property, their reputation, or their employment by false or misleading words or action.
- Make a concerted effort to meet my commitments, and to promptly notify those affected when I am unable to do so.
- Work to ensure that my professional commitments are based on shared understanding.
- Avoid real or perceived conflicts of interest whenever possible, and disclose them to affected parties when they do exist.
- Reject bribery in the conduct of my professional responsibilities.
- Be honest in representing my professional capabilities.
- Be open to new ideas and concepts in project management.
- Make a reasonable effort to maintain and improve my professional capabilities.
- Assist colleagues and co-workers in their professional development, and support them in their efforts to behave ethically and professionally.
(Approved by the IPMA-USA Board of Directors 2001, revised 2009)
This Code of Ethics is applicable to IPMA-USA members, and certified practitioners. Our entire leadership team abides by it.