The 2016 Dialogue Webinar Series
May 18: What do the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Have to do With Project Management?
Presenter: Joel Carboni, President and founder of Green Project Management (GPM Global).
It is no longer enough for organizations to say that they are "ethical", "sustainable" and or "compliant". Increasing is the demand for action in terms of products and services that meet today's need without negatively impacting future generation's ability to do the same. Projects play a critical role in this shift.
With the adoption of seventeen new sustainable development goals (SDGs), we have a collective set of key performance indicators that all projects should adhere to. To achieve these sustainability objectives, portfolios, programs and projects must not only become better aligned with organizational strategies for sustainability but be the driving force.
This presentation will review several new standards for project management and outline their combined strengths in support of competence development, project performance and contributions to achieving these 17 goals.
Webinar Date: Wednesday, May 18, 2016
Time: 2:00PM EDT, for one hour (Note this change from our prior webinars, one hour earlier!)
Cost: No charge; limited seats available; book quickly, when registration opens!
Registration is open now! Click to register at GoToMeeting
The topics we will discuss include:
1. Where the SDGs came from
2. What business's role in achieving the SDGs and executive views on the importance of projects to sustainable development
3. How projects impact the SDGs what Project Managers can do to contribute to them
Audience--This Dialogue Series Webinar is for:
- Professional Project and Program and Portfolio Managers who need to better understand the large context that project contribute to
- PMO (Project Management Office) Managers who are tasked with project governance, skills development and business case alignment
- Senior Executives who drive organizational strategy and need to expand the scope of their sustainability investment from an operations focus to projects.
About Our Presenter
A leading figure on sustainable project management, Joel Carboni is a graduate of Ball State University and holds a Ph.D. in Sustainable Development and Environment and is a Certified Senior Project Manager, IPMA Level B®. Joel is the President of IPMA-USA and founder of Green Project Management (GPM Global). He has over 20 years' experience in portfolio, program and program management working in Municipal Government, Big Five Consulting, Banking, Legal, and Higher Education. He was a recipient of the IPMA Achievement award in 2013, the World Human Resources Development - Training and Leadership award in 2014 and in April of 2016 was Knighted by the Canadian order of St. George.
Joel was great! See the completed webinar on our YouTube Channel!